Junior Warriors Programme
Junior Warriors programme is designed for children ages 7-12 and will not just teach your child how to deal with the bullying but will also introduce the Wing Chun Kung Fu Martial Arts techniques.
It is not long till your child will start to walk home from school by themselves, go for a walk with friends and play football in the park. It takes three years to develop a correct reaction towards any situation in the life, starting at age of seven simply prepares your child for teen’s life better giving him or her stronger mindset about values of one’s health, fitness and safety.
The basics of martial arts
For the first year children will learn the basics of martial arts. The session will cover the following subject:
- We start the class with the Student Creed that is a promise child will make to herself or himself: “I will develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that main reduce my mental growth or physical health…”
- Warm up part teaches children different type of exercises and develops they awareness of body movements (star-jumps for cardio and stamina building, push-ups for arm strength so we can push that bully away, sit ups for core, and squats for legs for those awesome running flying kicks). Stretches are based on the same idea implementing some yoga to calm children minds before the martial art training.
- Then we start our martial art training that is based around the Word of the Week (like Respect) and T.I.P. (training incentive programme) stripe (Focus, Coordination, Control, Balance, Fitness, Team work, Memory or Self-discipline). There are 4 core topic we teach to Little Dragons:
- Kick boxing - develops your child's focus, control and balance during pad work training. Children are learning not just how to punch and kick but also rules of appropriate training.
- Flight training - develops your child's coordination, balance and flexibility during the practice of pop up, jumping and running flying kicks.
- Partner training – teaching your child to mirror and monitor will prepare him or her for success. We all know how important is the body language - mirroring is used when we are accepting other people, monitoring is used when we are arguing or trying to prove our point more aggressively. Head covers, body covers, leg covers, footwork reinforcement and pad holding techniques will help your child to understand mirroring and monitoring.
- Self-defence – this is about the confidence to say “No”, “Stop”, “Back off”. Push the bully away, getting out of grabs, safety on the street, playground, school and other public places, Stranger Danger Programme and Bully-proof Programme is part of the self-defence curriculum.
- The cool down is the last part of the class. at this secion children are taught how to calm down - correct breathing, stretching. This is the last 5 minutes of the class when we discus what children have learnt during the class.
Black Belt Weapon training
The Basic class is 30 minutes long. Afterwards we have a Weapon session for extra 15 minute for children ages 5+ however it is invitation based only. Those children who have been invited will learn the following weapon: Nunchaku, Escrima, Bo – long pole and Broadsword. Weapon training is designed to teach children how to perform in front of audience and develop the spacial awareness when carrying or using the weapon. There are 3 rules about weapon training:
- The child must ask a permission (at home to parents, at martial art school to instructor);
- Child must make sure there is lots of space to train with weapon (we don't play with weapons as they are not a toy);
- Child is not allowed to hit anyone or anything.
Junior Warrior Wing Chun Programme
Once your child has achieved Red belt in Junior Warrior programme he or she will be invited to start their journey in Wing Chun Kung Fu martial arts where centreline punches, chain punches, elbow strikes, knee strikes and kicks will be taught together with Wing Chun footwork hand shapes and sparring drills.
Wing Chun is based on Theories, Principles, and Mottoes (Centre line theory, wedge theory, Four power principles) and T.I.P. (Training incentive programme) stripe (Focus, Speed, Power, Accuracy, Intensity and Black Belt Excellence). There are 4 core topic we teach to Junior Warriors:
- Striking techniques – palm strikes, punches, elbows, knees, kicks;
- Solo training – Footwork, Hand Shapes;
- Pressure testing system – sparring drills
- Self-defence – dealing with kicks, punches, being pushed, grabbed, puled, tripped and being on the floor.
These four topics are taught to children over 3 years of Junior Warrior Black Belt programme.
The Black Belt class is 45 minutes .